Wednesday 4 January 2017

News and blogs

I admit it. I am a terribly lazy person. I usually only do something when I am interested in something or angry about something. I am very interested in just sitting and playing games right now but angry about 'news' agencies. Some of them anyway.

Let me take a step back and tell you something: I am a terribly lefty person and I actually like the two or three Muslims in my live. I also like Jews a lot being the grandson of one and all. I also like Christians because I am one. Like really, with believing in that stuff and praying occasionally.

The problem about the social media is that people don't fact check. I sometimes do. I have a rather broad understanding about how the world works, a bin naïve at times while being a bit of a cynic. But people don't fact check.

The facts. The sources are at the end of the article if you are interested in actually checking mine which I would prefer. Well, you might want to learn german first. But let's get to the point.
- There were several hundred people at a place in Dortmund, Germany New Years Eve. Like every year.
- Some of these people were asylum seekers, people with migration background, foreigners. Call them whatever you want. Some of them with german citizenship and half of them without.
- The shoot fireworks at policemen and at a church. At the policemen not that great of an idea but our churches are out of stone, it's fine.
- Aggressive people arrive via train. The youth. Aggressive. Never did that happen before. Again, half of them germans. I mean, young men in packs are aggressive and it's a party.

Ok, now the police statistics for that night:
- 180 police missions between 18:00 and 6:00 (6 pm and 6 am for the brits and americans ;) )
- 79 Sending-offs. Technical term. The police forbids you to enter an area.
- 12 people detained.
- 13 people arrested. (This is actually a big difference, not that important here though)
Reports:
28 for damage of property, 41 after violence, 8 for pickpocketing (2 times 4 in the source, don't ask, technical difference)
In 12 cases more than one perpetrator
23 injured 20 of whom only slightly and five slightly injured policemen.

The city gave out a statement which called this night a normal new years eve and I agree.



And then fucking Breitbart says this: “Revealed: 1,000-Man Mob Attack Police, Set Germany’s Oldest Church Alight on New Year’s Eve”
You fucking hatemongerers.



Sources:
Ruhr Nachrichten is a daily newspaper that has been published in Dortmund, Germany since 1949. The paper is published by Medienhaus Lensing in Rheinisch format.
http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/staedte/dortmund/44137-Dortmund~/Silvester-Boellerverbote-und-Platzverweise-Die-Lage-in-Dortmund;art930,3185532


Breitbart News Network (known commonly as Breitbart News, Breitbart or Breitbart.com) is a right-wing or far-right American news, opinion and commentary website founded in 2007 by conservative commentator and entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/01/03/dortmund-mob-attack-police-church-alight/

No comments:

Post a Comment